Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dear Mr. Clay Shirky,

Dear Mr. Clay Shirky,
     Nothing excites me more than the part of your TEDTalk where you say, "Innovation can happen anywhere and is moving from one spot to another." I like the idea of innovation being open to all of humanity.  If there's a great idea out there, I want to hear it. . . and if I can hear it without having to wait for some expert to validate it and then have another expert validate that expert, that's even better.  Awesome.
     The other exciting line you mentioned is that the "Largest increase in expressive capability in human history is now."  If we as humans are not here on this earth to be expressive, what are we here for?
      However, while these two ideas are amazing and make me so happy, the thing I really, really love is that teenagers ( my target audience as a middle school teacher) have as good a shot at being innovative and expressive as people who are older and more experienced or experts.  They don't have to wait until they "grow up" or "figure out what they want to be."  Using their MacBooks issued by our school, they can create, innovate, express, and publish in an easy manner.  Wooohoo!
          Thank you, Mr. Shirky, for your talk.  I am truly happy to know your ideas combined with my students will make this world great now and in the future.

Sincerely,
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment